The core foundation of distance learning is that it offers the flexibility to students to study at any time of the day, at home or from any location regardless of the distance from the university premises, with individualized instruction through the use of modern educational methodology and the technology of lifelong learning. Utilizing technological means of synchronous and asynchronous communications for student support, CIM will ensure the provision of an excellent quality teaching. Our BA distance learning program is provided without any geographical restrictions or time constraints and targets mature students, regardless of age.
Our Institute has designed the BA in Business Administration Distance Learning with the following goals in mind:
- Allow students to gain a broad understanding of all the functions in modern organisations
- Provide a comprehensive view of organizations and their environment to enable students to face the challenges of the 21st Century
- Underline the importance and significance of the increased managerial effectiveness and competence, and understand the strategic approach
- Enrich students’ development and managerial prospects through learning within the context of their own experiences, their current and future needs and the needs of their market and society
- Enable students to be acquainted with managerial techniques of decision-making
By successfully completing their studies, students will be able to:
- Comprehend and appreciate the concepts and theories of management and see to what extent these theories are applicable in the real and changing world.
- Understand and evaluate the objectives and importance of formulating strategies in a local and global text.
- Be able to diagnose and analyse intricate situations and deal with unforeseen exogenous factors affecting the internal environment of organisations.
- Deal effectively with the human deficiencies and be able to tackle human friction by adopting strategic approaches.
- Be able to comprehend and analyse local and international business issues through the use of a variety of tools
Companies of today are facing new economic, political and social challenges. The collapse of the communist countries and stiff competition from China and India has made the developed countries of Europe reconsider their strategies. The dramatic political changes in the Middle East, former Easter European countries, and African zones and an escalating inflation coupled with rising unemployment in Europe paint a pessimistic picture for the world business manager. Still we believe that life will continue and with it business opportunities and hopes. To keep ahead of continuing shifts in environmental trends and maintain company policies and priorities appropriate to the Cypriot and world market places, managers must be able to formulate and implement successful competitive strategies.
The programme emphasizes strategy formulation and implementation as it occurs in each of the functional areas and in the organization as a whole. Strategy formulation is concerned with an analysis of the interaction of external environmental factors, with internal strengths and weaknesses, and the goals and values of the organization's key managers. It focuses on (a) economic, social, political and technological trends (b) the state of the industry and (c) the determination of strategic areas that offer an opportunity for aggressive competition. Strategy formulation is examined on two levels: (1) corporate strategy examines the strategy of a corporation or a portfolio of business or strategic business units. (2) business strategy investigates the strategy of a business area or a strategic business unit.
While strategy formulation focuses on questions of direction, implementation investigates the most effective means of working in those directions. It examines (i) organizational structure (ii) managerial process, including planning, decision making, control, rewards and punishments and (iii) human recourses, including leadership motivation, inter and intra group dynamics.
Download Distance-Learning Programmes Leaflet