EAWOP Summer School, 7-11 June 2022
8th EAWOP Early Career Summer School
The EAWOP Early Career Summer School for Advanced Work and Organizational Psychology (W/O) will bring together in 2022, for the eighth time, 36 young scholars from all over Europe. The EAWOP summer school presents the unique opportunity for young researchers to meet with fellow researchers and prominent professors and to discuss their own work as well as all matters related to being a researcher.
The Cyprus Institute of Marketing and its independent research centre – the Cyprus Centre for Business Research – are delighted to be hosting the 8th EAWOP Early Career Summer School, in Protaras, Cyprus, from the 7th to 11th June 2022.
Sessions and Activities
- Keynote presentations from distinguished invited senior Scholars
- Interactive Poster Session
- Roundtables (Two supervised group sessions)
- Research Methods Workshops
- Skills Workshops
- Excursions & Social activities
- Those who have obtained their PhD within the last 5 years;
- PhD students in their final year.
The 8th EAWOP Early Career Summer School for Advanced Work and Organizational psychology will empower European research in the field of W/O psychology, set key guidelines and help in establishing strong networks for future collaborative research. Specifically, the planned summer school has six specific objectives:
- To increase the quality of European W/O psychology research by supporting and providing early stage researchers the chance to interact with senior scholars in the area. This will allow them to obtain better understanding of how to conduct impactful research, get feedback on current research projects and to generate new and interesting ideas for collaborative research.
- To enhance participants’ valuable skill-sets in production of high quality research, funding application and management of research projects as well as editing and publication in leading European and international journals.
- To generate and share feedback concerning future career steps and get insights into aspects of a successful scientific career by senior scholars to facilitate participants’ career development in academia and become prolific and rigorous researchers.
- To foster and establish European research collaborations by creating a solid network of ambitious up-and-coming researchers. This will further strengthen the European W/O community among participants and senior academics who will be involved as keynotes or session facilitators in the summer school.
- To bring together scientist and practitioner perspectives of W/O Psychologists and support the application of scientific outcomes; at the same time, to enlighten the scientific community about actual needs of practitioners.
- To raise awareness among participants about real-world challenges of modern organizations and discuss key elements of engaged scholarship and actionable knowledge. In an attempt to effectively bridge the gap between academia to practice, we choose to invite scholars whose work cuts across the fields of academia and consulting.