This is an intensive, 3-day in-person workshop, customized to participants’ needs and tailored to specific tasks and outcomes
, for high-performing individuals who want to rapidly improve their negotiation skills, in order to influence people and achieve their goals.
With people having differing opinions and perceptions, deeply rooted values and predetermined interests, reaching to a good agreement has been a far-fetched goal. Most often than not, people react with fear or anger when they feel their interests are threatened and usually tend to compromise to bad deals instead of negotiating.
The ultimate goal of the Workshop is thus to give you the tools, teach you the processes and offer you the experiences that will make you a stronger player at the negotiation arena.
It is designed to enhance your current strengths, work on your weaknesses and make you more confident, trustworthy and reliable, honest and fair in your negotiations and people interactions. The workshop will take you through a conceptual learning journey
which will be interspersed with real-life negotiation scenarios
- case studies & customized role plays - designed to practice the concepts and apply the skills learned in a realistic and risk-free environment, to push yourself and reach new levels.
Workshop Highlights & Goals
- Perform Role-plays with real actors based on real life scenarios and based on the high quality, world known, Harvard University Program on Negotiation. We learn by practice. Thus, rather than focusing solely on negotiation theory, participants engage in negotiation role-plays to immediately practice concepts, based on real life scenarios and with real actors, in a risk-free environment, to maximize learning. The majority of case studies and role-plays are obtained from Harvard University and the first-of-a-kind Harvard Program on Negotiation.
- Take Away Immediately Applicable Negotiations Skills, to improve both professional and personal life. You will develop strategies for efficient pre-negotiation preparation and be empowered with skills for creating and claiming value, identifying fair and mutually beneficial results with the people with whom you are negotiating.
- Learn to read body language and understand psychological tactics; and at the same time, learn how to use them to your advantage. You will learn the body language of an effective negotiator and also how to use your body to build your confidence. Also, you will learn to examine the psychology of decision making, how to get and keep your counterpart’s attention and how to exert influence on your counterpart’s decision making process.
- Get personalized feedback and recommendations for improvement by your teammates, by the trainer and the role-play actors. After each negotiation role-play session, teammates provide individual feedback summary on your performance with key points to improve. Further, the trainer and actor will provide the one or two “golden nuggets” or key points that you need to take with you and build on them to dramatically improve performance.
- Prevent mental errors, manage your emotions, deal with difficult tactics and difficult people. People sometimes follow a course of action beyond the point where it continues to make sense and away from their negotiation goals. Understand mental errors that commonly occur in negotiations and learn how to avoid and correct them and learn how to manage your own and your counterpart’s emotional triggers and responses.
Submit your interest, by using the ‘Apply Now’ button, in order to setup a time to tell you the agenda and hear specific areas you would like to improve.
Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis, since no more than 16 individuals can participate at each session and thus admission is not guaranteed. Priority is given based on applicant’s professional and/or personal achievements, on the participants’ negotiation specific needs and their devotion to improve those needs and self in becoming a negotiation player.
Certificate will be awarded upon completion of the workshop.