Financial and Computer Studies
High School Leaving Certificate
Registered and Licensed by the Cyprus Ministry of Education
Students which choose a career path in Finance are entering a very competitive industry. The combination of Financial and Computer studies offers students a tremendous competitive advantage against others who are also entering the marketplace. By obtaining a degree in Financial and Computer Studies students will be fully prepared to enter the industry and succeed regardless of the competition.
In the first year, we try to give fresh students a general but solid introduction into the exciting world of Business Management. The idea is that, if students do not understand the basic principles of modern management, how could they understand the complicated area of finance and accounting? If, for example, they cannot interpret a statistical chart/graph, how can they appreciate the trends in the financial world? All subjects taught in the first year aim at aiding the student to shed light on the ‘grey’ areas in the rather demanding and competitive environment of the 21st century.
The second year introduces the student into the concept of finance and computers. Quickly the student is faced with the problems of the industry while at the same time the endless opportunities for solutions. World Financial Services and their developments are tackled and comparative studies of different countries are carried out. Naturally, the course embraces the Cypriot situation and analyses the developments of the last forty years. Simultaneously, the second year presents to the student the other basic functions of finance and computer studies and general management in a far greater depth than in the first year.
- Diploma in Marketing Management (DMM)
- Advanced Diploma in Financial & Computer Studies (ADFCM)
- Bachelor in Financial & Computer Studies (BFIC)
- Successful completion of Diploma in Marketing Management (DMM) is a PREREQUISITE for registering to this two-year B.Sc. Degree program.
- On successful completion of Year 2, the interim Advanced Diploma in Financial & Computer Studies (ADFIC) is awarded.
- On successful completion of Year 3, the B.Sc., Degree is awarded.