High School Leaving Certificate
Registered and Licensed by the Cyprus Ministry of Education
The course aims to equip students for a variety of business careers and give a special advantage to those wishing to enter the Travel and Tourism/Hotel business. To this end, the course offers a balanced educational programme in accordance with the general philosophy of the 21st century, and the dynamic field of the world’s number one business – Tourism.
In the first year, we give students a general but solid introduction into the exciting world of Business Management. The idea is that, if students do not understand the basic principles of modern management, how could they understand the complicated area of tourism? If, for example, they cannot interpret a statistical chart/graph, how can they appreciate the trends in the tourism industry? All subjects taught in the first year aim at aiding the student to shed light on the ‘grey’ areas in the rather demanding and competitive environment of the 21st Century.
The second year introduces the student into the world of Tourism. Quickly the student is faced with the problems of the industry while at the same time the endless opportunities for solutions. World tourism and its developments are tackled and comparative studies of different countries are carried out. Naturally, the course embraces the Cypriot situation and analyses the developments of the last forty years. Simultaneously, the second year presents to the student the other basic functions of tourism and general management in a far greater depth than the first year. Psychology and Sociology are covered in the subject of Behavioural Studies, while the financial structures of companies are investigated in the subject of Accounting.
1. Diploma in Marketing Management (DMM)
2. Advanced Diploma in Tourism Management (ADTOUR)
3. Bachelor in Tourism Management (BTM)
- Successful completion of Diploma in Marketing Management (DMM) is a PREREQUISITE for registering to this two-year B.Sc. Degree program.
- On successful completion of Year 2, the interim Advanced Diploma in Tourism Management (ADTOUR) is awarded.
- On successful completion of Year 3, the B.Sc. Degree is awarded.